Where does the time go?

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Christmas Gifts in a Hurry!

It is awfully hard to believe that fall will soon be nipping at our toes & that Christmas 2010 is breathing down our necks already!  I am sitting here at my keyboard thinking of the wonderful summer that is slipping away.  Our grandboys came to live with us in May, so my summer has been filled with swimming, trips, movies, fairs & all sorts of adventures.  With a 6-yr-old & an 11-yr-old in the house, this has been a lively place full of cooking, washing, toys & lots of laughs.  Okay, so no sewing or writing has been on my calendar.....now that the boys are back in school, I have Christmas gift projects all over my sewingroom & on the brain.  This Farmer's Market Bag is my first Christmas gift creation.  I have a girlfriend whom I always go to the local Farmer's Market with during the summer.  When I saw this fabric at a quilt store in Indiana while visiting another friend, Char, I grabbed 2 yds. of it, knowing immediately what I was going to make with it....a shopping bag for my Farmer's Market pal & one for me.  Next summer, we will be the envy of  the fresh fruits & vegetables crowd.I found the perfect pattern for free at this blog:  http://terryatkinson.typepad.com/atkinsondesigns/2008/11/fat-sack.html  Terry Atkinson has a very unique way of constructing the corners that really apeals to me, & the reinforced bottom makes this a strong bag.  The only thing that I did differently from her tutorial is that I chose to line my bags for even more strength & body.  When my friend opens her Christmas package, she will get a flashback of our great summer outings together!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the Christmas reminder! Argh~~~ I always think I'll sew something throughout the year but never do...wait till just before Christmas. Last year it was 17 quilted totes. Pressure is on!

Wow..you are raising young boys! That must keep you very busy!

SPWS said...

Sewing a bag is a good Christmas gifts. It will be very useful gift for everyone.

Victoryperfect said...

I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.


Christmas Gifts

Pearson Airport Taxi said...

The best and most awaiting part of Christmas is gift exchange.

Pearson Airport Taxi

Pearson Airport Taxi said...

the Christmas 2011 has gone as well now looking forward for 2012 Christmas

Pearson Airport Taxi

E-Clinical said...

These are wonderful gift you have made. will use your tips for this Christmas

E-Clinical

SEW GOOD FRIENDS BLOG

Crafts. sewing, quilting, machine embroidery, soapmaking, cooking, homemaking, watercolor & commentaries on life....Jana in Missouri invites you to sit down with a cup of coffee!

This is the SGF companion blog, but membership is not necessary to enjoy. Application may be made at sewgoodfriends@yahoogroups.com , but please keep in mind that the SGF List flows smoothly. Bickering & swimming upstream salmon-style are not tolerated & may result in an unsub ... Jana (List Mom)

Bravenet.com

Blog Archive