Where does the time go?

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Time Management & Totes




You read the title right, "Time Management & Totes." Both of these topics came up on the SGF List independently this week. In my mind, the 2 go hand-in-hand...in order to make the best use of my time, I first have to be organized....in order to be organized, totes are a must! If I could just get one more made, I'd be ready to write an article for Family Circle on "Having It All Together."
I have sewn totes for everything, I have more cut out, & the pattern drawer won't close because of the new bag patterns. Some of my many bags are empty, & some are full, but it is all part of my master plan to be the perfect manager of time. Grocery bags for green-shopping, sewing bags for projects, shoulder totes for gathering, seasonal totes, painting class totes, book bags, shoe bags, handbags, pool totes, one for snacks, overnight bags &, of course, totes for odds & ends are among my personal favorites. These all work great for saving on packing time, but finding something that may be (or may not be) in one of them.... now, that is a different story.....I know money is in one, but for the life of me, I can't find it.
Yes, in theory, I am always ready at a moment's notice to grab & go with everything already packed, but it's hard carrying 16 totes full out the door (in one trip) to pile in the back seat! I have learned to do this quickly while my dh is making sure that the dog has plenty of food. He just doesn't appreciate good time management using the tote system.
Okay, after writing this, I realize that I totally have a "Tote Management Problem," so here is my new plan....I will empty all the totes and sew the mother of all totes to hold the empty ones. Thank you for reading this.....it has been most theraputic.

No comments:

SEW GOOD FRIENDS BLOG

Crafts. sewing, quilting, machine embroidery, soapmaking, cooking, homemaking, watercolor & commentaries on life....Jana in Missouri invites you to sit down with a cup of coffee!

This is the SGF companion blog, but membership is not necessary to enjoy. Application may be made at sewgoodfriends@yahoogroups.com , but please keep in mind that the SGF List flows smoothly. Bickering & swimming upstream salmon-style are not tolerated & may result in an unsub ... Jana (List Mom)

Bravenet.com

Blog Archive