Where does the time go?

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Green with Hope

When asked what my favorite color is, I answer, "All colors." I sincerely mean that, but I must confess that green has never been at the top of my list, even though it is the color of & I would be poor without it!!!
On the pro side, it is in the rainbow, Grandma's jello, frogs, grass, leafy veggies, shamrocks, eyes, beans, blue/yellow mixed together, & it means, "Go." On the con side, it is the color of envy which is not the prettiest shade of people, inexperience which is useless, & the color of a sick fish which is said to be green around the gills!
Some of my friends are making March potholders ( Barb, Trudie, Nina, Dorcas) , & I must say that while black may be the universal color of despair, white of purity, yellow of cowardness & red of danger... green is striking. It looks fresh, crisp, springy, & bright... after rethinking green, I believe that the saying should be, "Green with Hope!" I believe that hope should be colored green with the ideas of new, young, rebirth..... HOPE!

2 comments:

Flicsha said...

I think you have it. Green has all ways been my favorite color. To my mother's unhappyness. My mother hates green If I had to pick a new dress and there was a green one that's the one I had to have.
My #2 husband said eveything turns green at out house in side and out. Green gose with every thing.
Even Mother Nature thinks so. Flicsha

Jana Dahmen said...

Thanks for reading, Flicsha! Jana

SEW GOOD FRIENDS BLOG

Crafts. sewing, quilting, machine embroidery, soapmaking, cooking, homemaking, watercolor & commentaries on life....Jana in Missouri invites you to sit down with a cup of coffee!

This is the SGF companion blog, but membership is not necessary to enjoy. Application may be made at sewgoodfriends@yahoogroups.com , but please keep in mind that the SGF List flows smoothly. Bickering & swimming upstream salmon-style are not tolerated & may result in an unsub ... Jana (List Mom)

Bravenet.com

Blog Archive